Sunday, July 16, 2006

My Appearance


The random and uncalled for Hunger Strike hasn't been treating me too well these days, and sometimes I find myself wanting to strangle people. As I was leaning against a counter at work, staring off into freedom, I heard someone pipe up and say something.

"Looks like you need something to do," he said with a smile.

I looked back at him, directly in the eyes, and mustered the most believable smile I could. Yes customer # 6895, ten minutes before closing on my third ten hour shift in a row, that HAS to be the look on my face. If I could give you an award for accuracy I'd be handing it over to your proud little hands right now. Surely my face didn't say "I'm tired", or "I haven't eaten in a week", or even "I'd LOVE to be anywhere but here". Let's break it down for you gramps, there's no way in hell I didn't have "GO AWAY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD" written blatantly across my forehead in thick red facepaint. Maybe you also think that hobos "look like they need some caviar," because that'd be right on the money.

I picked up a container, and started filling it with his overflowing obliviousness.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember our chat about well-written blogs? This is my new favourite (in terms of style and overall excellent-ness).

A+. :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Shaz said...

I've had my fill of customer service too, next summer I'm marrying rich.

10:45 AM  
Blogger lowercasecarmen said...

nat - thanks

ridley - I take comfort in our mutual understanding.

shaz - it really is a wonderful industry...

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does obliviousness cost per 100 grams? Can I get it in low fat?
bullamoocow

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home