Friday, January 12, 2007

Ouch, My Brain Hurts

Well it's back to school, and like always, with much less enthusiasm than Billy Madison. Maybe I should start eating snack packs?

Today I was having lunch with a friend and we were talking about how the holiday season went. She told me about what her boyfriend got her for christmas and her birthday, or more accurately, what he didn't get her.

"You know, I really don't care that much about stuff, I just wanted him to show a little more appreciation than a text message."

Yes, that is what he got her, and no, not very impressive. She went on to tell me the things that she got him, detailing the amount of thought and effort that went into each present. I told her that even I was pretty impressed with the things she bought and that a little reciprocation in the area of consideration should have come her way.

"Honestly, your gifts were so thoughtful," I consoled her.

She responded by turning to me with concerned eyes, pointing in the direction of her brain and saying,

"Yeah I know, and I mean, thinking's really hard for me."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah that is inconsiderate. I would have sent a text message AND an email.

Welcome back, by the way!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in all fairness we don't know how much thought he put into writing that text message. maybe thinking is even harder for him?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Krista... said...

Glad to see you posting again!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow carm, finially a post... i feel very neglected, so show a little more love why don't ya?

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home